Excellent grab-n-go food. I like making things that are simple for portion control. Doesn’t hurt that they taste amazing!
Succulent Sausage Bacon Brussels Muffins
- 24oz frozen brussels sprouts
- 12 slices thick cut bacon
- 4 oz mayonnaise
- 2 tsp hidden valley ranch dry dips mix
- 8 fully cooked turkey sausage links
- 6 servings all whites 100% liquid egg whites, or 6 egg whites
- 4 oz sour cream
- 6 oz shredded cheddar jack
- Dice bacon into small pieces and fry up to make bacon bits, remove from grease and then dice up the sausage links and fry until crispy. Grease muffin tins (18) and divide the bacon and sausage evenly between the 18 muffin cups.
- Cook Brussels sprouts according to package then slice into quarters and divide evenly over the muffin tins on top of the sausage and bacon, approximately 3 brussels in each cup.
- Combine the egg whites, mayo, sour cream and ranch seasoning, blending really well then stir in cheese. Top each cup with the cheese/egg mixture, dividing as evenly as possible over the top of each of the 18 muffin cups then push the ingredients down to pack them slightly. Place in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes until golden brown.
Makes 18 muffins 3.03 net carbs per muffin, 2.22 coming from veggies.