This recipe was a huge success and an enormous hit with everyone! I think it may be my new favorite food. So tasty.
Loaded Baked Broccoli
- 36 oz frozen chopped broccoli
- 10 oz real mayonnaise
- 6 oz sour cream
- 12 slices thick cut Maple bacon
- 12 oz shredded colby & monterey jack cheese, divided into 8 oz & 4 oz
- 4 servings all whites 100% liquid egg whites, or 4 egg whites whisked until no more strings remain at all.
- 18 oz onions, 3 med/small onions
- Cook broccoli in a deep pan, with water added only up to about halfway through the broccoli until tender about 10 minutes and drain. Mix Mayo, sour cream, egg whites, and cracked black pepper until thoroughly blended, pour over broccoli and add most of the cheese and mix really well. Pour into a casserole dish 9×13″ that is sprayed with cooking spray and spread out evenly. Top with addition 4 oz of cheese and bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- While the broccoli is baking, Dice bacon and fry until crispy, remove from grease and set aside. Dice onions and cook in the leftover bacon grease until tender, remove from pan, set aside.
- After casserole is done baking, top evenly with the bacon and onions.
Makes 12 servings, 5.98 net carbs per serving with 4.83 coming from veggies. To reduce the amount of net carbs in this recipe you can reduce the amount of onions used, but I love the flavor of the caramelized onions on this dish.